Tuesday 2 September 2008

So long and thanks for all the fish

I'm not normally one for spilling out emotional stuff in blogs but I figure that's kind of what they're for so here goes.

After 13 years together (10 of them married) my wife and I are separating. She told me a few months ago that she still loved me but was no longer in love with me. It was a shock and I didn't take it well. We tried to work it out but (for reasons I don't particularly want to air here) it didn't work out and we agreed to call it a day.

We're aiming to stay friends for the sake of our three children but I guess only time will tell on that front. Telling the kids about the separation was also very hard.

The thing that freaks me out most is the idea of moving out as I've only ever lived with my parents or my wife :S

No comments: